Roller Blind System Specification:
- 32mm Tube (outside diameter): Blinds up to and including 2000mm wide
- 40mm Tube (outside diameter): Blinds over 2000mm wide
- Brackets and chain drive colour: Whiite
- Bracket covers: Included
- Operation: Silver metal continuous loop chain
- Maximum Chain Length: 1000mm
- Child Safety Device: Transparent “P-Clip” chain tidy
- Hem Bar: White PVC in Welded Pocket
- Maximum Width: 2400mm (fabric dependent)
- Maximum Drop: 3000mm (fabric dependent)
- Chain End Light Gap: c. 21mm
- Idle End Light Gap: c. 14mm
- Deduction made for Recess Size: None
- Colour: Blue
- Rollwidth: 1800
- Light Control: Blackout
- Design: Plains
- View Out: Opaque
- Blackout: Yes
- Matching Loft Blind: Yes
Standard Roller Blinds and Child Safety
- Child Safe - Continuous Loop Chain with Child Safety Anchor: This product can be operated with a continuous loop of chain (in plastic or metal) which is secured to the wall/fixing surface with a child safety anchor. In accordance with child safety legislation, the chain will be manufactured at 1 metre in length. Child safety devices have been fully tested in compliance with British safety standard EN13120. You will find details of how to install the devices in the installation instructions. Please contact our friendly customer service team if you need any further advice. Please note that beds, cots and other items of furniture should not be positioned next to operating chain, in order that the chain remain out of reach.
About Child Safety
At newblinds.co.uk, child safety is of paramount importance. If left hanging freely, chains and cords from blinds can pose a direct threat to children. For this reason, we are working towards all of our products being cord-less or chain-free and therefore “safe by design”.
Where it is not yet feasible to supply a product that is “safe by design”, we ensure that the product is fully compliant with Child Safety legislation. Not only do we ensure that, where necessary, our products are supplied/fitted with child safety cleats/devices, but we also supply, free of charge, these items to our previous customers.
Click the link above to inform us of your requirements. To learn more about the BBSA ‘Make it Safe’ campaign and blind cord safety, you can watch the video below.