Enjoy the natural style of real wooden venetian blinds, with the strength and durability of faux wood:
✔ Custom-made to your measurements.
✔ Wide range of grained and flat-painted finishes in different shades.
✔ Waterproof - ideal for kitchens and bathrooms
✔ Fire Retardant - suitable for offices, hospitality and public spaces.
✔ Ladder cords or optional decorative ladder tapes in a variety of colours/styles.
✔ Matching valance, bottom bar and toggles.
Blinds will be supplied with the following specifications as standard:
- Braided ladder strings. Ladder tapes are optional.
- The cord to tilt the slats is at the left side of the headrail.
- The cord to raise and lower the blind is at the right side of the headrail.
- Child safety cleats included.
- Includes universal brackets allowing top fix, face fix, or side fix.
- Headrail size for blinds with 50/63mm slats is 60mm Deep x 54mm High
- Valance, valance returns, bottom bar and toggles matching to slat colour.
- Clips to attach the valance to the headrail are included.
- Blinds are supplied with a slat that sits on the bottom bar as standard.
- Minimum Sizes - Width: 370mm, Drop: 100mm
- Maximum Sizes - Width: 2400mm, Drop: 2400mm
- 50mm faux wood blinds will require at least 70mm usable recess depth to be recess mounted.
- Faux wood blinds are custom finished to your given sizes, to the nearest practical tolerance. Width tolerance +/- 5mm. Height tolerance nearest string pitch + 1 extra slat.
- Blinds ordered as 'Recess Size' will have a deduction of 15mm for fitting allowance made as standard.
- Light control: Faux wood blinds are not blackout blinds. When closed, they will reduce the amount of light entering the room. However, there will still be some light ingress around the edges of the blind and between the slats.
- Colour: Variation in product colour is possible from batch to batch. Whilst we try to complete orders from the same batch, if this is not possible the closest match will be supplied.
- Bay Windows: If your blinds are used for bay window sets or if blinds are intended to be installed side-by-side, please confirm this with us at the time of ordering.
- Changes in Specification: We reserve the right to modify the specification or components as required, without advance notice
- Photography: Imagery used on the website is illustrative and display may vary according to your screen resolution and settings. We recommend that customers take advantage of our free sampling service as the best guide for wood shade, although shades may vary from batch to batch.
- BS EN 13120: 2009 +A1:2014: Wood and Fauxwood Venetian Blinds comply with the British and European Safety Standard for Internal Blinds.
Our stylish collection of made-to-measure faux wood venetian blinds combines the style and appearance of real wooden blinds with the strength and durability of faux wood. Available in a range of finishes ranging from smooth painted slats to textured wood-grained slats, our faux wooden blinds are ideal for any room in your home. As they are waterproof, they are ideal for kitchens and bathrooms.
Faux Wood Blinds are raised, lowered and tilted using control cords. When blinds are fully lowered, this cord will be manufactured to be no longer than 1 metre. This ensures that they are out of reach of small children. You will also receive 1 or 2 child safety cleats which should be installed no more than 1.5m from floor level and should be used to retain any excess cord. Safety devices have been fully tested in compliance with British safety standard EN13120. You will find details of how to install the devices in the installation instructions. Please contact our friendly customer service team if you need any further advice. Please note that beds, cots and other items of furniture should not be positioned next to operating cords, in order that the cords remain out of reach.
At newblinds.co.uk, child safety is of paramount importance. If left hanging freely, chains and cords from blinds can pose a direct threat to children. For this reason, we are working towards all of our products being cord-less or chain-free and therefore “safe by design”.
Where it is not yet feasible to supply a product that is “safe by design”, we ensure that the product is fully compliant with Child Safety legislation. Not only do we ensure that, where necessary, our products are supplied/fitted with child safety cleats/devices, but we also supply, free of charge, these items to our previous customers.
Click the link above to inform us of your requirements. To learn more about the BBSA ‘Make it Safe’ campaign and blind cord safety, you can watch the video below.